We are waiving all fees until further notice for our online Let’s Listen and Talk programme so that families who need it at the current time can benefit from our advice, information and guidance.
Along with information, Let’s Listen and Talk provides hundreds of games and activities for use in the home so parents can support listening and learning for their children with hearing loss from birth to five years.
The Elizabeth Foundation has created Let’s Listen and Talk for families who want to help their child develop listening, spoken language and communication skills during the crucial preschool years, but who are unable to access our services in person. Let’s Listen and Talk takes you step‑by‑step through the process of building your child’s listening and speaking skills.
What Let’s Listen and Talk offers you and your child
By joining the Let’s Listen and Talk programme, you and your child can benefit from:
- A structured series of home lesson plans providing practical and relevant advice and information.
- Easy-to-follow activities you can use at home to develop your child’s communication skills, with sample video clips of parents and their children.
- Tailored, individual support from our expert team based on your child’s needs and progress.
- Regular communication via your choice of telephone, online, email, video and/or Skype.
- Access to the online resources at any time and anywhere using a computer, tablet or smartphone
Tailored support from birth to 5 years
We have split Let’s Listen and Talk into three age bands:
- Baby programme (birth to around 18 months): By working through this programme, you will be able to help your baby begin learning to listen and start developing their early communication skills.
- Toddler programme (18 months to 2½ years): As your baby grows into a toddler, this programme will help you learn about the many new ways you can continue to build your child’s listening, language and speech skills.
- Preschool programme (2½ to 5 years): The Preschool programme explains ways for you to encourage and extend your child’s communication skills as their growing curiosity and imagination are helping them to look at the world in new ways.
Alongside these three programme, all users of Let’s Listen and Talk can also access our specially-written Getting to Grips with Technology and Terminology course.
Feedback from users
“With the Toddler Programme, I’m not feeling lonely or overwhelmed anymore. I’m opening my laptop and I’m feeling support from professionals who understand how it is be the parent of a deaf child. With every lesson, they provide encouragement and have tips and ideas for how to help me to support my baby.” Parent
“An invaluable resource for parents and professionals alike.” Audiological Scientist
“The lessons are very good and complement the protocol and activities advised by my Teacher of the Deaf.” Parent