We are giving the rapidly changing COVID-19 Coronavirus situation our maximum attention, as we evaluate how to operate as a charity through this uncertain period.
Our Senior Management Team meet regularly about the COVID-19 outbreak and ensure that they keep up-to-date with advice from the Government, especially in relation to our position as a provider of preschool nursery services for deaf children.
We have sent out the latest information to parents and we have put signage around the building reminding everyone to remain vigilant about health and hygiene. Our team is following the guidance from the Government, which is helping us to keep our services and activities open at this time, but we are keeping this situation under careful review.
We are continuously reviewing all of our activities and fundraising events in light of the COVID-19 outbreak and in line with official advice.
In light of the new government COVID-19 regulations announced on Wednesday 17 March 2020, we closed the nurseries at The Elizabeth Foundation indefinitely from the end of Friday 20 March 2020. We hope to re-open as soon as possible and when it is safe to do so.
We remain absolutely committed to all our families and will continue to support them during these unprecedented times.
We continue to provide support, education and therapy for our children and families, taking into account the restrictions under which we are currently operating. We are in regular contact with all parents of children attending our nurseries, providing learning activities for use at home and other support and advice.
From 26 March 2020 we waived all fees until further notice for our online Let’s Listen and Talk programme so that families who need it at the current time can benefit from our advice, information and guidance.
Summer Residential Programme 2020
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we have cancelled our Summer Programme 2020 due to take place 27-31 July 2020. This decision did not come lightly, but we feel it is in the best interest for the health, safety and well-being of all involved. The Elizabeth Foundation is still working very hard to continue supporting families during these difficult and unprecedented times. We will be back next year in July 2021 for another Summer Session so please watch this space. If you have a deaf child aged 2½ to 5 years old and are interested in attending our 2021 Summer Residential Programme, please contact us.
With relation to our forthcoming and planned fundraising events:
- We have cancelled our Murder Mystery Event (due to take place on 21 March 2020).
- We have postponed our Community Fun Day (due to take place on 8 April 2020).
- We are also postponing, until further notice, our 10 Mile Sponsored Walk (due to take place 17 May 2020), our May Quiz Night (due to take place 19 May 2020), and our Golf Day and Dinner (due to take place 11 June 2020)
- We have cancelled our Summer Fayre (due to take place 5 July 2020)
- Where an event is cancelled or postponed that has tickets/places purchased, we will be contacting everyone who purchased tickets as soon as we can.
- We will review other future fundraising events on a continuous basis.
Page last updated: 18/05/20
Page created: 16/03/20