An intensive programme for all the family
We provide an intensive Summer Residential Programme for preschool deaf children (aged 2½ to 5 years old) and their families.
The one-week programme consists of daily preschool sessions for the deaf children, run by our qualified and experienced team, a full range of educational and fun activities for siblings (aged 5 to 11 years), and an informative range of talks, discussions and activities for parents.
Each deaf child also receives individual assessments by a Teacher of the Deaf, Audiologist, Educational Psychologist and Specialist Speech and Language Therapist – Hearing Impairment. These professionals will each prepare a written report specific to your child, outlining their strengths and needs.
Our fun and educational activities
Our Summer Residential Programme consists of:
- daily fun-packed and educational preschool sessions for the deaf children (aged 2½ to 5 years old), delivered by qualified and experienced Teachers of the Deaf - a great opportunity for the children to play and learn with other deaf children their age
- a full and fun-packed sibling programme including a range of local outings
- an informative programme for parents including talks, a range of activities, group and one-to-one discussions, all delivered by qualified and highly experienced staff
- a Q&A session with deaf young adults about their experiences of growing up with a hearing loss
- individual assessments of the children with hearing loss by skilled and experienced professionals
Sessions for the deaf children, siblings and parents all run daily Monday-Friday from 9.30am to 2.30pm - allowing plenty of time to socialise and explore the fascinating and historic local area.
Assessments by experienced professionals
During the week your deaf child will also benefit from individual assessments by the following skilled and experienced professionals:
- a Teacher of the Deaf
- a Audiological Scientist
- an Educational Psychologist
- a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist - Hearing Impairment
Each of these professionals will prepare a written report specifically for each child outlining strengths and needs - this is included in the cost of the Summer Residential Programme.
Dates and times
This year our Summer Residential Programme is taking place from 29 July to 2 August 2019.
The Summer Residential Programme takes place at our purpose-built Family Centre in Cosham, Hampshire.
The cost of our Summer Residential Programme is £500 per child with hearing loss*.
*Please note that this does not include accommodation, but there are a range of options for this which we can discuss with you.
Find out more
If you have a deaf child aged 2½ to 5 years old and are interested in attending our Summer Residential Programme, please contact us.
Feedback from families:
"I can’t believe how talented each member of the team is … this is truly a special place."
"This week has been inspirational."
"By far the best resource and support we have experienced over the past 3½ years."
"Highly professional and impressive."
Feedback from families:
"This week has been life-changing for our family."
"Every person we have met at The Elizabeth Foundation has been so professional, knowledgeable and friendly – you cannot fault this charity at all."
"We now feel excited about the future for our son."